Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I convince my mom to let me play war games like MAG?!?

I'm 13 %26amp; in 8th grade. My mom doesn't like me playing games where you shoot people. But I can play games where you shoot aliens, ex. I can play Resistance %26amp; Halo. I get straight As %26amp; Bs in school %26amp; don't get in trouble too much...usually, my dad doesn't care but my mom is very strict when it comes to this. So PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!How can I convince my mom to let me play war games like MAG?!?
Tell her its very important so that you can develop both your team work and social interaction skils.How can I convince my mom to let me play war games like MAG?!?
do you know the difference between real and virtual violence? if yes, that's all you need: a video game is a video game. it's not going to turn you into some insane killer.





doesn't make sense, since resistance is more violent and in halo you do shoot people and not just aliens (in multiplayer).
Agree with what SoSimplistic said.





Your mom is more worried that you'll pick up violence from these games. You just have to let her know you're mature about it, that video games do not cause school shootings and that you're not the average 13 year old on XBox live or PS3 online.
tell her if she wants to live in her lame fantasy world she can but this is real life and in reality humans kill the **** out each other and you need to play these games now so you can make killing an intinct in your mind while your still young.
The reason Ur mom is so concerned is that there have been kids who immerse themselves in the game world to the extent that they have killed friends %26amp; others thinking things like, ';I thought that he would re-spawn after I shot him';, %26amp; ';I didn't think he would die!'; The media has parents freaked out about stuff like that. The main question(s) behind her fear is, ';Can I trust my child understands the seriousness %26amp; potential outcome of violence in the real world?'; ';Is my child mature enough to not be influenced by the violence, (or mature/complex adult matter) in some of these games. Can you? Violence %26amp; weapons in the real world are no game %26amp; have serious %26amp; irreversible consequences. Assure her that you are indeed mature enough %26amp; understand the difference between what you do in games %26amp; what you do in real life. Dirty Harry said, ';A man has to know his limitations';, so before U go trying to convince her with words, point out Ur past %26amp; current actions that are mature %26amp; assure her that you would never act like a character does in a game, %26amp; if U come across an issue U don't understand, U'll ask Ur parents first, %26amp; that life is growing with her guidance. She's a good parent %26amp; should trust her teaching. Good luck!
You could always tell her that one day you may get drafted and you could practice now, get used to the feel of war, screams, yells, blood, etc. and if she says you can do that with aliens tell her its too sci fi, you need some real hands-on experience. Also, you can tell her your fighting for your country in the game, and that you should be allowed to be all that you can be. Or....say please thousands of times until she gives in. if that doesnt work.. find some dragonballs and wish that your allowed too :)
In the country where i live, guns are restricted so most people don't really care of dangers or violence with those weaponry. Anyways just convince your mom that you won't go retarded and shoot people like in the game *aka, you are matured.
Tell her its just a video game and you would never want to hurt a soul on earth.


In the video game is just not real.


Its just like halo.


its just a game us guys/girls like and its fun.


jus be like. its just like halo

No comments:

Post a Comment