Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to do a split in 2 weeks?

Hi, I do both martial arts and hiphop dancing, and due to a few events coming up, need to be able to accomplish a side split in 2 weeks. Could someone who learned how to do so, please tell me their routine (ie. what stretches, how long, how often, etc)? Thank youHow to do a split in 2 weeks?
I think the time constraint will allow the possibility only if you are already close enough to actually doing the split. Otherwise, it is an impossible and dangerous attempt.





When I was 20 years old I achieved the full front and side splits within 2 months. I trained every other day by first doing dynamic stretching (a lot of leg-raising for both legs to the front, back and sides). Thereafter, I spent time doing the actual splits on the floor. For each split position, I lowered my body slowly until I reach as low as I could go. Then, for about 30 seconds, I tensed the leg muscles like I was pinching the floor. After that, I tried to go lower and repeat the process. I went as far as I could bear the pain .





I think the tensing of the muscles while in a split position stretched them best. Also, it would be a good idea to strengthen your knees first with free squats before doing these exercises.How to do a split in 2 weeks?
Unless you are really close to getting down, two weeks will probably not be enough. If you force it and tear something you might have to kiss your events good bye altogether so keep in mind that if you go too fast painful injuries which can put you out of comission for a while do happen.


Go to youtube and type in 'how to do the split'. There are gymnasts who explain and show the stretches and do a great job. That's how I learned and I can do an over split. It does take time though. Also before stretching do warm up well. Stretching is so much easier when you do and you get much better results quicker. All you have to do is run for a few minutes.
pavel's book relax into stretch has some pretty effective methods of getting a lot out of your stretching very quickly. One method he has is to sink down as low as you can go, then try and push your legs together(don't let yourself go up though, just flex the muscles) do this until your muscles start to shake and give out. Then completly relax and sink down deeper. There is a lot more too it but that is kind of the way I remember it. Look up PNF stretching and read up on it. I think the extreme one pavel had in his book was called a clasp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment