Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you cross reference a cell from a worksheet into another worksheet to create a summary?

I need help with a workbook I've created for totals for each day of the week, and now I need to create a summary page. I know how to get all the totals to add up but I don't know how to get the totals from each day onto the summary page so I can add them all up. Does anyone know what function or formula's to use?...any help at all?How do you cross reference a cell from a worksheet into another worksheet to create a summary?
Is this on Microsoft Excel or something similar? If so I think I've got the answer.





If you just want the specific totals 1 by 1, just type ';='; in the cell you want it to appear and the click on the cell where the data is.





If you want it to add them all up type ';=SUM('; then click the first cell, hold down shift then click the last cell then put ';)'; on the end of the formula.





I hope this helps :)How do you cross reference a cell from a worksheet into another worksheet to create a summary?
click on a cell in your summary page and then in the top bar put =(


then click on each box from each sheet that you need to add to the summary with a + sign between them then finish with a ) excel should add it all up for you





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment