Monday, August 16, 2010

How to act bipolar for a skit?

I am doing a skit in class. It is a game show similar to ';Who wants to be a millionaire';. We are making it a bit of a comedy, and I need some tips on how to portray my character, who is a bipolar female. What are some funny things I could say and do? I dont mean to be offensive to any bipolar people, what I mean is that I need to portray a character whose emotions change like every second- and I need it to be funny. Thanks!How to act bipolar for a skit?
People who have Bipolar do not have emotions that change every few minutes. Contrary to popular belief, people with Bipolar only change moods a couple of times a year..... Trying to portray a character with Bipolar Disorder in that manner does nothing more than continue the misconceptions. And yes it is offensive to poke fun at people with mental illness. Bipolar disorder is NOT funny. Pick a different character.

No comments:

Post a Comment