Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How can I download updated iTunes without having to readd all my songs and videos?

About two weeks ago, a virus downloaded itself on my computer. I got rid of it, but from now on I am unable to open up the iTunes store, which is driving me crazy considering I can literally spend hours on there looking up music. Can anyone tell me how to download an updated iTunes without it deleting all my songs from my library. I know it's possible if iTunes asked me to update, but it won't because it can't connect to the store.How can I download updated iTunes without having to readd all my songs and videos?
You haven't specified if you are using Mac or PC but I would imagine they work pretty much the same anyway.





I use a Mac and recently needed to reinstall iTunes. As the iTunes library is stored within the user account it wasn't affected by reinstalling the software. All the same you may want to find your library and make a backup copy of it on a removable hard drive for your own peace of mind.





To download just go to Apple's website and search for iTunes download, no need to have iTunes open or go to the iTunes store.

No comments:

Post a Comment